Saturday, October 6, 2007

Day 20


The picture on the left is a concept drawing from my notebook. That's Wildflower, a new character I introduced to the story today. She's named for the fact that she is such a free spirit; she loves to wander far from Lemon Forest and explore with nothing but the wind in her wings and a pack on her back. As I was writing about her, I found myself somewhat conflicted regarding her appearance, so I decided to Google "wildflower" and use the first picture I found as a reference. I found this picture, and it made me quite happy because it was so unique and pretty! I think it suits Wildflower's free personality quite well.

I got quite a lot of writing done today, but mostly early this morning as opposed to tonight! Usually I'm quite productive at night, but I guess there was something in this morning's sun that made me want to write. I believe I'm about halfway through the third chapter, now.

I introduced something else aside from Wildflower today, that being the train system in Lemon Forest. The train is run by Acorn, an elf, and it goes all over Lemon Forest. It goes up, between and down trees, to people's homes, and even all the way to Lemon's palace, though no one is ever lucky enough to see her. The train station is a hollowed out, mossy stump with a little brown flag coming out the top.

I'd tell you a bit about Lemon but this post is getting a bit too long! If I have nothing significant to tell about tomorrow, I'll let you know a bit about Lemon.

K.

No comments: